LaserTank Improved: a new project by me

Discussion about the game of LaserTank and LaserTank related topics
wrldwzrd89
Tank Driver

Re: LaserTank Improved: a new project by me

Post by wrldwzrd89 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:15 pm

When I went to review LaserTank Improved, I noticed some things just didn't seem right - for example, the way colors were used to convey object properties in my expanded set of objects was not consistent. To address this, I trimmed down the types of new objects to 7, 6 of which form 3 opposing pairs: Lava and Ice, Light and Shadow, Tank and Anti, and finally Flip standing on its own. Each of these is conveyed with a color: Lava is orange, Ice light blue, Light yellow, Shadow dark purple, Tank green, Anti red, and Flip blue. The opposing pairs counteract one another: If Lava properties are imbued upon something icy, for example, the two cancel out. I still need to figure out the roles of bombs and magnets, as those don't yet fit fully in this system. Since I lack Windows hardware, and I obviously want to make Windows builds, I chose an engine that lets me do this with my Mac to replace the Java one I was using previously. A nice side effect of doing that is producing builds for iOS / Android is now possible. Looking forward to working on this some more!

wrldwzrd89
Tank Driver

Re: LaserTank Improved: a new project by me

Post by wrldwzrd89 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:52 am

Another important step is now done: Importing the LaserTank localizations into LaserTank Improved. They were imported in raw form with a script and need cleaning up to be fully usable.