Level 220

Stuck on a level? Can't get past an Anti-Tank gun? Not enough Movable Blocks? Unsure which Flag is the best one to aim for?
Seek assistance here!
BOBWM
Tank Master

Level 220

Post by BOBWM » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:19 pm

Stuck on level 220. I see only 4 movable mirrors. I destroy the anti tank at E1 with the mirror from B14, but after that I am at a loss. Please advise, Thanks

Secret Squïrrel
Manager

Re: Level 220

Post by Secret Squïrrel » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:00 pm

I've just tried this one for the first time. Obviously E1 must be destroyed. I thought that it might be possible to push the M4 Mirror on you while at E4, which would enable you to go against the E3 Mover to the flag but it's not possible to turn the O4 Rotary around far enough.

So we must also destroy L1 and enter via the L3 Mover. The only possible way to shoot L1 is to move the B14 Mirror to Column L. It's easy enough to get it to F13 but you need to be to the left of it to push it across. This means that you will have to push it onto your tank.

You will need to prepare the F9 Rotary so that it faces SW. Then push B14 to F14 after shooting E1 and place your tank at F13. Shoot via the mirror loop to push it on you and then move to D14.

You can probably see how to shoot the L1 AT and then get to the flag. It's not the most efficient way (which requires more mirror manipulation) but it does the job!

BOBWM
Tank Master

Post by BOBWM » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:58 pm

Thank you, I really appreciate your help.
This is the first time I pushed a mirror on top of my tank and moved out the other side. I guess it is not too late to teach old dogs new tricks (I'm 86 yrs old).
Regards

Secret Squïrrel
Manager

Post by Secret Squïrrel » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:22 am

Congratulations Bob. I think that we're never too old to learn, it just takes longer!

There are some tricks that are not intuitive but which are sometimes required to solve levels. As more people learned about these in the early days (1990's!) they began to be included more often in the levels that were created.

The one that you just did where you used a mirror loop to push an object on top of (or under) your tank is an important one because it will allow you to do three things that you might not be able to otherwise do:

1. Access an area that was blocked by that object (you just did this).

2. If you are next to a Tank Mover pointing at you, you can drive 1 space against the Mover and the object will hold you in that spot on the Mover. If you can shoot the object onto you again, you can keep "climbing" against a Mover allowing you to get to areas that you couldn't otherwise.

3. You can hide your tank from an AT. What I mean by this is that you can block an AT from seeing you by pushing one movable object in front of the AT, move your tank behind that object (in line with the ATs gun) and then push a second object onto you. If you then push the first object out of the way using other Mirrors or push it into water, the AT won't see you whilst the second object is still on/under you. You can now destroy the AT without needing to reflect your shot off a Mirror! This will also work with Bricks blocking the AT instead of a movable object.

You can push any movable object type onto you - non-rotary Mirrors, Movable Blocks, and ATs.

I hope you continue to enjoy playing the game, Bob.