Level 431

Stuck on a level? Can't get past an Anti-Tank gun? Not enough Movable Blocks? Unsure which Flag is the best one to aim for?
Seek assistance here!
BOBWM
Tank Master

Level 431

Post by BOBWM » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:26 pm

Tens of hours is enough. I need help on level 431.
I manage to remove all the mirrors in column D giving me access to the other side of the water. But in doing so, I disabled the AT's at B-6,3,&10. This prevents me from clearing column B to get to the flag. Suggestions Please.
Bob

Secret Squïrrel
Manager

Re: Level 431

Post by Secret Squïrrel » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:10 am

At least the game is providing you with lots of entertainment even if, at times, it can be frustrating!

You mustn't disable those 3 ATs. The ATs at B4,5,7,8 need to be pushed into Col A and then down into water so as to leave you a space of at least 2 ground tiles below the water at A3,6. Then you will be able to push those right-facing ATs (B3,6) down and then right into the water. B10 can just be pushed to B16.

Let us know how you go.

BOBWM
Tank Master

Post by BOBWM » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:11 pm

An image of 431:
https://ibb.co/s2b63qZ

My approach is to move all the mirrors down and over to the water at O-16. I do this using AT's to stop my on the movers, then continue to move the AT down and into the water at A-15. But doing so requires me to disable the right facing AT's.
How do I get by them without disabling them?

Also moving mirrors to the water requires many shots, the hint states fewer shots than my approach requires.
As you can see, I still need help. Thank you

Secret Squïrrel
Manager

Post by Secret Squïrrel » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:54 am

If you wish to use that method, you will need to have mirrors at D6 and D10 to protect you when you move to E6 and E10. The simplest way to do that is when you push, say, the D10 mirror down, back up one space and push the D9 mirror down to replace it. Do the same for the E6 mirror with the mirror at E5. Do this each time you push a blocking mirror out of the way.

You also don't need to move all of the Col D mirrors out of the way before you deal with the Col B ATs. You can push the ATs to Col A as soon as they're uncovered then push them into water using the A1 mirror. I haven't done the level but I would guess that you'd probably only need to push maybe half of those mirrors all the way to the O16 water.

However, you don't even need to make all those runs down Col E as you can shoot the mirrors through the crystal blocks - you'll just need to move the ATs in Cols H & I out of the way which I think will probably take less moves.