Level 650

Stuck on a level? Can't get past an Anti-Tank gun? Not enough Movable Blocks? Unsure which Flag is the best one to aim for?
Seek assistance here!
BOBWM
Tank Master

Level 650

Post by BOBWM » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:13 pm

I need help getting out of lower right. My approach is to get either a block or an AT to K12 in order to move up. I have been unable to do so.
Should I pursue another solution, or am I on the right track?
If I am on the right track, I need help.
Thank you,
Bob

Secret Squïrrel
Manager

Re: Level 650

Post by Secret Squïrrel » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:20 am

Your approach is broadly correct but this is a tricky level that requires you to move mirrors into position, temporarily move other objects out of the way, do your shooting, move some of the same mirrors to new positions, and so on.

I haven't solved this yet but I think that it is probably possible to do almost all of your shooting without leaving the bottom! However, it's easier if we stick with the more direct method to begin with.

You may have noticed 2 columns of free space in J and M - these are for the J2 AT (which will end up at J12) & the M3 mirror. One of the things to do early on is move J2 to I2 so that it is out of the way. You'll then need to set up mirror loops which either you or the L15 AT in different positions will use to move objects.

The main issue with trying to shoot J2 all the way down is that your shots have to cross its intended path meaning that you'll end up pushing it sideways. So you need to move it part way down and then set up a different mirror loop to complete the task

P5 has 2 jobs, the last being to allow you to move O2. I found that I didn't need to move M2 all of the way down using this method (hardly at all, in fact). It's pretty straightforward once you can get to the area left of centre.

Let me know if you need more hints.

BOBWM
Tank Master

Post by BOBWM » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:39 pm

I do need more help.
I can get at at J2 down to J8, and move it latterly. But I have not figured how to get it further down.
I have tried using mirrors from P5, O2, A8 or B6 to no avail. I need help.
Also how do you gain access to J15 thru N 15 after moving the mirror from J15 to E16?
I look forward to your response, Bob

PS: since these recent dialogs have been between you and I, would it be better to communicate privately or should we continue to use the forum?

Secret Squïrrel
Manager

Post by Secret Squïrrel » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:02 am

It was a bit tricky but I've found a more direct solution so that we don't need to worry about incrementally moving sequences of mirrors. It also allows us to shoot J2 from the left so that it won't block the path of our shot.

Park J2 in I2 and push A8 to A2. Push I2 to K2 and then use the L15 AT at J15 to hit the H2 mirror so that it faces SW. Push K2 back to J2. Now you can push it all the way to J12.

Run amok in the middle (there are many different final configurations for the lower left that will let you get to the flag).

Even though the forum is not very active, it's probably better to keep these assistance dialogs here in the forum so that other ppl who may have trouble with the same level don't need to ask the same Q. Plus, anyone else who may have something to offer can drop in.

If you prefer to communicate with me in private, you can always do this via Private Message (link at upper right).

Good luck!